Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I hate my roommate. That's right-- I hate him, and I have NO idea why.

Okay, I kind of do-- I can list many things that he does that make me squirm or make my blood curdle, but apparently they don't drive anyone else nearly as crazy as they drive me. This is why I hate him:

1. He has a mullet-hawk and gnarled yellow teeth.

2. I think he's a vampire-- who covers up the windows in their beautifully-lit bedroom in the summer with a black cloth other than a vampire?

3. He uses a lot of electricity. The rice cooker has been on for 3 days and counting, and he leaves the air conditioning on all day, while no one is home.

4. He doesn't clean his dishes.

5. He leaves the toilet seat up-- huge no-no when you're the minority sex.

Finally, 6. He's a hoverer-- That's right, in Iliza's world, he's the worst type of person you can be. He hovers, badly. He follows the other roommate around all in the morning, he follows me around when I get home from work. Example: last week, I get home from rollerblading around the city for two hours. I'm tired, sweaty, it's one of those horribly humid days from last week. ALL I want is to get my disgusting clothes off and get in the shower. I walk in the door, and head straight for my room. Roger appears in my doorway as I'm closing the door, and stands there trying to talk to me for at least three minutes. Fine. Except he badgers me. You seem like you had a bad day, where were you? How was work? Who did you go with? I roller blade too. Do you work out a lot...blah blah blah.

Moral of the story is, I finally just got the guts to turn off the air conditioner because he left. But no, he came back, comes immediately to my door and says, "you didn't like the air conditioner??"

I hate my roommate. I need to get out of the city.

3 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Iliza! You've caught the blog bug! I'm excited...

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger TastyPaper said...

Wow, two spammers already, you are popular! So you're going to leave the City because of some dumbass roommate? That's stupid. Come live in Brooklyn, like me, it's a lot friendlier. Sure we have dumbass roommates too, but we also have a shitload of awesome restaurants! Within a few blocks of my apartment there's like twenty places, two or more are Zagat rated.

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh... yes.... i feel the EXACT SAME WAY about my roommate... I also live in manhattan... randomly came across your page. Those things sounds just like my roommate (who is a girl) Shes so rich and buys so much shit but then wears all my clothes (the few i have cause i cant afford more stuff for myself.) Heres a dif you might appreciate... I'll come home from a long day, just want to be alone, go to my room, she comes in talks to me.. but instead of asking me about me and my day (like your roomate does) she goes on and on and on about hers and about herself... oh my god its horrible. She is such a spoiled brat. I wish my parents paid for everything for me like hers does. The worst part- i love my apt, my location, everything- expect her- so i re-signed my lease and i have to live with her another year! I wish i could afford a studio in the city! I wanted to move to Brooklyn, but it's actually cheaper for me to live here cause I dont pay anythign for transportation (use the foot-mobile) ughhhh... well good luck with your roomie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home