Sunday, October 23, 2005

There is a fly in my apartment. It got in because the window in the living room has been open for a couple of months, and there is no screen, and I think he flew in. I don't know what he eats, but he drinks from the water in the sink and he flies around people's heads because he's not afraid.

Asaf tried to kill him tonight with a half-assed attempt to grab him in the air as he was flying by. Asaf missed.

I wonder if the fly came in on purpose or not. If he meant to get himself stuck up in this big place. Maybe he smelled something good, like hookah tobacco or hummus. Or maybe it was all an accident. Maybe he was flying one day, minding his own business, and all of a sudden he found himself in my apartment, unable to find the window that would release him back to freedom.

I imagine that this fly will live here until he dies. I won't kill him, because I feel bad for him. Plus he's fast, and darts away out of swatting range before I can wind up.

But I imagine he'll die here. Maybe on the window sill, on his way out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home